Tuesday 20 July 2010

See Stevenage and Pay

In common with 400 other City fans, I was not deterred by the £18 admission to see Stevenage vs Norwich and even took my two daughters along as well. The total cost was £28 as the guy on the turnstile “misheard” my elder daughter’s age so not too bad, taking into account the free parking across the road. Can’t think why some enterprising local or some jobsworth councillor doesn’t try and make a few quid from that car park.

It was not the best pre-season friendly I've ever seen, but by no means the worst. City passing it around well in the first half, but not too much end product. Nelson hit the post from a corner and Jackson had a good shot saved. I think I missed another chance as I was talking to Lil from the Rosary whilst in the half time queue for a drink. I also bought a doughnut; a first for me in a football ground, as they had run out of chips.

The highlight of the game was the mega-sub-a-thon after an hour of the game where City made ten changes with some of the players coming on in shirts that were not their own numbers. I was informed that the two mystery players were Michael Ball and Richard Brindley and both youngsters acquitted themselves well.

Gemma took a video of the mega-sub-a-thon and if it’s any good I’ll stick it in on Youtube. The final score was 0-0, and 11-11 on the subs.

The away end was just under half full, a very good away turnout for a midweek friendly. I bumped into loads of old faces, and it was good to see City in action again.

Looking forward to going to 'Nam on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment