Monday 19 July 2010

Back with a wimper

After a period of early blogging where I wrote something every night for a week, it’s been radio silence for a few months. I thought I should start again and see how it goes. If I had an outside job I wouldn’t mind spending a few minutes in front of a screen to type some words. I do however go through a daily ten hour slog working in software delivery each day so that I can afford to feed my family so the attraction of yet more typing is not hugely appealing.

Last week I had confirmation back from NXEA that they are able to offer us another great deal for season 2010/2011 and the new Capital Canaries fare will be £13 return. The cost includes a small donation to FONCY. Last year we raised £350 for FONCY and I’m hopeful we’ll match this next season.

The minimum single fare to Norwich is now £8 so this means the minimum you could travel for is now £16, and this assumes that there are actually any of the £8 tickets available on the train you would like to travel on. I have my suspicions that the cheapest tickets may not really exist!

I have updated www.capitalcanaries.com, done a mail out and posted an update on twitter with the good news.

Tomorrow I am breaking that habit of a few years and going to a pre-season friendly. I’m also off to ‘Nam in the badlands of South Essex on Thursday, and that will be my football fix until the big early kick off on Friday 6th August.

No comments:

Post a Comment